Comments for: A Bit of Rope

Talk to Aiwendiel

A Bit of Rope

ratcreature - 25 Feb 11 - 9:01 PM

Ch. 40: Besieged

Aah, what a cruel cliffhanger. And this after I felt so badly for poor Pippin throughout this chapter. *bites nails*

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

ziggy - 26 Feb 11 - 12:14 AM

Ch. 40: Besieged

So much to commne ton in this chapter - the OCs are particualry good I think and I loved the reasons given for athelas to smell differently for each person - that level of detail is what gives this such credibility - and of course the healers tehmselves would detect the true notes of the herbs. And the way you picked up on that later with Faramir thinknig it smelled of the chair of the stewards - superb detail that tells more about his feelings than pages of exposé.

Then the Nazgul- wonderful! In spite of his pompousness and ambition, he is stil lfull of menace and foreboding, and htat thought of Gandalf is perfectly times to remind us what else is going on- and again, one of the great things about your writing is the reminders that there is more than just THIS going on. Brilliant battle scene- one of the best and the ending!  I never saw that coming!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Aiwendiel - 26 Feb 11 - 5:18 AM

Ch. 40: Besieged

Thanks, Ratcreature! Your comment has given me a new nom de plume idea: CliffHangerz-R-Us... Wink More of them coming, I am afraid!

A

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Aiwendiel - 26 Feb 11 - 5:25 AM

Ch. 40: Besieged

Ah, dear Ziggy you are reading as fast as I can write... so glad the story continues to entertain. Thanks for your very prompt, kind and observant comments as usual.Read somewhere that violence(ie combat) is often best described indirectly. BIgger challenges ahead if I stick with that idea...

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

MrsBoromir - 26 Feb 11 - 5:38 PM

Ch. 40: Besieged

Wow! U had me at the edge of my seat the entire time i was reading this chapter especially the end! excellently done...i loved the character development of the nazgul.. It has already been said but i also think ur attention to detail is fantastic....though i do admit to being curiously confused as to why the concotion smelt like Ithilien to Boromir...I understand that it would remind Faramir of the Stewards chair given his recent interaction with his father!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Iva1201 - 12 Apr 11 - 8:52 AM

Ch. 40: Besieged

Finally, I have had the chance to read your new update – great writing, as always, and very enjoyable as well despite the end – I wouldn't want be in Boromir's place! Thank you!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Larner - 31 Aug 11 - 5:28 AM

Ch. 40: Besieged

So, Pippin has weakened the Nazgul to the next thrust by whatever one who is not a Man who might come across him; he's saved Boromir, but at the expense of himself, although as a Hobbit he's more resistant than would be a man.

Bless them all!