Comments for: A Bit of Rope

Talk to Aiwendiel

A Bit of Rope

Lindariel - 11 Apr 11 - 1:20 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Aiwendiel -- this is just -- ACH! -- this is just incredible!  Elrohir bearing the terrible loss of his brother and NOW to have received a vision of Celeborn's demise!  Aragorn's continuing agony as he presses forward despite his infected wound and the painful revelation of Gandalf's sacrifice.  Poor Gimli struggling with his fear and his injury AND his sense that Aragorn now turns more to his kin than to his Fellowship brothers.  Just marvelous characterizations.  Can't WAIT for more!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

maeglin - 13 Apr 11 - 4:58 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Yikes!  Now the person who you'd imagine would be most likely to survive through anything is gone.  Probably the only one I'd be more surprised to see killed is the giver of the horn.  Neat twist!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Aiwendiel - 13 Apr 11 - 8:40 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Hi Maeglin -- all I can say in reply to your comment is ... mmm mmm, hmm mm mmm hmmm mm, and mmm hmm hmm! Hope I can continue to provide surprises and twists in the chapters yet to come! A

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

MrsBoromir - 17 Apr 11 - 3:54 AM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Beautiful characters! man you have a talent for twists and turns... i have given up trying to figure out whats happeneing next...just waiting for ur next chapter! Great work!

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

ziggy - 19 Apr 11 - 2:20 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

This is a fabulous chapter, Aiwendiel. Epic and personal at the same time- Elrohir struggling alone with his loss and his foresight, Gimli feeling abandoned by Aragorn for his 'new' friends who are in fact, his oldest companions. And every word placed and crafted perfectly.

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Aiwendiel - 19 Apr 11 - 4:04 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Thanks to all who are still with me-- I know it is agonizingly slow! Next chapter on the cusp of publication... I hope to continue in the trend of twists and turns and well placed words. All the wonderful comments are very much appreciated and encouraging! A

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

thelauderdale - 05 May 11 - 8:14 PM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

A comment, not about Eomer (shocking, I know) but about Elrohir.  I just feel so bad for him.  First Elladan, and now his grandfather - and he can't tell anyone about it!  It just makes me feel so particularly awful for him at the moment...and, I think, I am experiencing some delayed reactions to Boromir and Denethor as well.

You really are no holds barred, Aiwendiel.

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Aiwendiel - 06 May 11 - 5:40 AM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Thanks for the attentive reading and juicy comments -- much appreciated! And re: "no holds barred"... all I can say is, hang on tight, my Muse has much unexpected in store for all (characters and readers, that is,) Aiwendiel

Go to A Bit of Rope

A Bit of Rope

Larner - 31 Aug 11 - 6:37 AM

Ch. 42: Foresight and Farsight

Too much grief for Elrohir, and I wonder when he will finally allow himself to collapse with it.

None is whole now, it appears, save Eowyn.  Now to see the last of this ride through.

Go to A Bit of Rope