Comments for: The Sell-sword and the Prince

Talk to Lady Bluejay

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Chelle - 05 Apr 10 - 10:00 AM

You're very good at stopping each chapter at the point where a person really has to keep reading!

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Tanis - 25 Jul 10 - 7:40 AM

Oh what a lovely tale!  Aragorn as Throngil was wonderfully wrought and Imrahil came to life for me with all the sparkle, wit and charm of a well-turned Prince of the Realm.  The raid of Umbar and the jewel of a story point (the unexpected freeing of the slaves) will stay with me for a long time.

A wonderful read!

Tanis

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

ziggy - 30 May 10 - 7:58 AM

Ch. 1: Chapter 1

I don't know why I haven't read this before- it is so well-written and such a great opening! I see there are 12 wonderful chapters to keep me busy for the week- so looking forward to some rain now!! Imrahil is a really under-written character and I have recently got quite interested in him. I like the idea of the tensions between Aragorn and the princes of Gondor.

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Freyalyn - 27 Jan 10 - 2:24 AM

Ch. 4: Chapter 4

Whoo!  That went fast!  Nicely written action.  More please...

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Freyalyn - 10 Feb 10 - 1:49 AM

Ch. 6: Chapter 6

Oh, I need more.  This is a story that's moving so quickly we really need it all at once!

"Shh… listen," Thorongil hissed as muttering started.  For a moment I thought Thorongil was going to swear....

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Freyalyn - 17 Mar 10 - 3:40 PM

Ch. 9: Chapter 9

I'm glad Jibran did well.  Perhaps he deserves a story all of his own....?

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Thanwen - 03 Apr 10 - 7:44 AM

Ch. 10: Chapter 10

I started reading the story because I was keen on some action and sword-clashing, which I got to full satisfaction, and now I seem to be in the middle of an unfolding romance...and lo and behold, I really enjoy it! You just have the knack to keep the thrill in a story. I'm especially eager to learn more about Lady Oriel and I'm quite sure I would be delighted to see her brother's face punched in.. there seems to be something really nasty covered up! But I trust in you (and Sergion?) for promt execution. Oh my... I didn't intend a wordplay, but it wouldn't be a bad solution either!You little devil!

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Thanwen - 27 Jun 10 - 11:36 AM

Ch. 14: Chapter 14

" I hope no one says that in front of Sergion, he's liable to run his sword through them."

I have to admit I liked this sentence quite a lot and am eagerly jumping up and down, waiting for the idiot that does!Tongue out

Well, perhaps I shouldn't be that bloodthirsty, but having always had a certain bias for the reliable blokes in the second row, that's to say rather Sam and Halbarad instead of Frodo and Aragorn, I'm afraid you are about to turn me into a Sergion fancier! I even reread your other stories, trying to find some more information about him, unfortunately without finding very much.

And I do like Lady Cuthwith! Poor Ecthelion!Laugh out loud It is so much fun to imagine this scene. And the two of them meeting at the wedding would be another highlight!

Thank you for this nice story and a whole lot of food for my malicious imagination.

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Freyalyn - 06 Jul 10 - 2:09 AM

Ch. 15: Chapter 15

Lovely!  Now hurry up and tell us how it all got sorted.

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince

The Sell-sword and the Prince

Thanwen - 23 Jul 10 - 10:15 AM

Ch. 16: Chapter 16

What a spunky Imrahil! Perhaps besides his Elvish ancestors he's got some Rohirric traits? That was really great fun and closes the circle somehow to the action elements in the first half of the story.Wink

But what impressend me most was the description of his "arranged" morning ride: his thoughts, the landscape, the meeting, their talk, the misunderstanding... all given in such a convincing way, witty but with true feeling through the light veil of irony... lovely: Austen goes Middle Earth!Grin Thank you for entertaining me in such an intelligent way.

Go to The Sell-sword and the Prince