Comments for: Pure Morning

Talk to curiouswombat

Pure Morning

Wormwood - 11 Jun 10 - 12:44 PM

I had an enjoyable time reading this story, and I really liked your strong, pragmatic Eowyn.

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

Wheelrider - 11 Jun 12 - 7:02 PM

Well done! I love the way this is an "AU" that nevertheless could fit in with canon (with maybe a little wiggling). It's totally believable.

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

curiouswombat - 12 Jun 12 - 12:36 AM

Wheelrider - thank you so much for your comment on Pure Morning - that **It's totally believable ** means a lot to me.

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

ziggy - 23 May 10 - 1:50 PM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

I love the style you have adopted for this story- it is very light and in the true story-telling tradition, perfect for the romance of this and the really wonderful resolution. I think Eowyn is the real winner in this and her character dominates, is beautifully written and her intelligent seduction of her husband quite, quite wonderful!

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

oshun - 17 Jul 10 - 2:41 PM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

(Wrote this as an MEFA review, but wanted to share and recommend it as well.) This story could be a dark one, because it is not a flight of romantic fantasy or how true love conquers all, which so many Éowyn stories are. But in so many ways it is more satisfying and lovely for its sense of acceptance which is not at all passive of the vicissitudes of fate and life, compromise when faced with those, and making the best of less than perfect circumstances. The sense of mutual respect and self-respect on the part of all the parties involved despite the fact that none of them are able to choose their ideal life is life-affirming and positive. I am completely besotted with each of the three main protagonists for totally different reasons. I love the honorable, loyal and faithful, if somewhat clueless at times Boromir, who manages to show his own quality and wisdom before the end of the story. In many ways, Theodred is the alpha male of the threesome for me. Not as innocent as Boromir, more worldly and closer to his roots in many ways, and in a position to make things happen in way that Éowyn is not within their world.  Éowyn is nothing short of magnificent and even regal in her way; a woman of impressive stature in this world which views her first and foremost as the bearer of heirs. She is best described in Theodred's words, 'Béma, we breed them strong in the Mark'. I could quote you line after line and concept after concept that I admired. I heartily recommend this one. It's human, it's warm, even romantic, and as I said before thoroughly satisfying.

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

curiouswombat - 18 Jul 10 - 1:24 PM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

Oshun - Thank you so much for your comment, it is greatly appreciated.

I am really glad you felt as you did about the story - it is as if you are describing what I felt about the characters and their feelings and motivation as I wrote.

Theodred became the alpha male as the story developed - rather to my surprise!

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

Wormwood - 18 Dec 10 - 3:36 AM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

I commented on this story once before and told you how much I liked it. So Gratulations on a well deserved win!

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

Aiwendiel - 06 Jun 12 - 5:49 PM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

Wonderful take, congrats o the MEFA, well deserved! All three protagonists are like able and admirable, and the sexual politics are nuanced and well drawn. I vote to sway from canon. Might be hard to convince a mother to ride to war, th,ough might be interesting to try!

Really great story, thanks for this!

Aiwendiel

Go to Pure Morning

Pure Morning

curiouswombat - 07 Jun 12 - 2:56 AM

Ch. 1: Pure Morning

Aiwendiel - Thank you.  I'm really glad that you like all three here - I wanted it to be a 'no fault' scenario where politics, of one sort or another,  put them into a situation where they didn't want to hurt each other, and had to try to make it work.

**I vote to sway from canon. **

I do have vague thoughts about where things would need to go to take Éowyn to that point - one day I might firm them up and write them!  But currently I am writing in my AU which is archived elsewhere.

Go to Pure Morning