Comments for: Needle-Point

Talk to Wheelrider

Needle-Point

Shandris - 06 Sep 11 - 12:36 PM

The story reads very well as the characters are skilfully presented:  Faramir isn't an over-sensitive, hyper-romantic boy; Eowyn is hesitant but not hysterical. I disliked one thing:  Faramir's "eyes shining down on her like stars". Too much cuteness ;) Apart from that it's certainly a good story to read :)

Go to Needle-Point

Needle-Point

Certh - 02 Oct 11 - 5:03 AM

Quite a beautiful story. The characterisations were very spot-on; the descriptions were beautiful, and the language was simply wonderful. I truly loved the dynamics of the relationship between Eowyn and Faramir, as well as her relationship with her brother; very smooth and true to the books. The interaction between them was very well-written, vivid and brimming with emotion.

All in all, a lovely story and a very engaging gap-filler.

Certh

Go to Needle-Point

Needle-Point

Ti'ana Luthien - 06 Oct 11 - 6:40 AM

Oh, I loved this. Having just recently finished rereading the books again, I've been hungering for some good Eowyn/Faramir stories and this is truly beautiful. I love the way you portray the relationship between Eowyn and Eomer -- much the way I imagine it would have been in peace times -- and I feel you nailed the characters. It's a delicate story and a beautiful one, and the linguist in me is thrilled by your use of language. Thank you for sharing.

Go to Needle-Point

Needle-Point

Lakshmi - 17 Oct 11 - 2:32 AM

I enjoyed this story immensely. The characters were subtle but well characterized, the narrative itself was intimate, deep, euphoric, without being heavy or overpowering. What a treat, this story. I wish I had read it sooner.

& I loved your Eowyn, truly.

Go to Needle-Point

Needle-Point

curiouswombat - 03 Mar 13 - 7:19 AM

I thought I had commented on this when I first read it - but it seems not.  So this is just a note to say how well I think you have captured Éowyn at this point of her life and, too, how real the others appear even if they have only a line or two.

Go to Needle-Point

Needle-Point

Freyalyn - 26 Aug 11 - 2:43 AM

Ch. 5: V.

I really enjoyed this.  You've got the language spot-on, and I love both Eowyn's delicately drawn relationship with Faramir and the very different one with her brother.  Thank you for sharing.

Go to Needle-Point